Badge holders are commonly used for displaying badges, ID cards or tickets for identifying where the security is requiring it, just like in corporations, businesses, hospitals, conventions, trade fairs, prisons, and for backstage pass during an entertainment.
Here are the selections of common badge holders:
- Flexible vinyl badge holder – is the most affordable and the most common badge holder. This holder will be bent with only a slight pressure due to its composition of thin piece of vinyl. This badge holder is good at protecting the card from water damage and dirt, but is not advisable for great outdoor activities. Flexible holders typically feature a chain hole, a slot or both, giving convenient easy attachment to its wearer. This badge holder is not for everyday use while standing up.
- Rigid badge holder – also called as hard plastic badge holder is identical to the flexible holders, with an obvious difference of not bending or not flexible with normal pressure. This holder is the ideal one for long-term use since they can give better protection to your credentials and are a lot more durable than the flexible vinyl holder. It is a no-flex material that makes rigid holders ideal for proximity or smart cards, since the cards has internal technology which can be ruined if curved. This holder is available in color, material, clear material, and also in levers or slide ejectors which make it easy to get out any needed inserted credentials for scanning.
- Shielded badge holder – is the unique answer to the modern problem. This holder is meant for carrying smart cards, since it can protect the cards from possible data theft called as skimming. The skimming is the practice of getting information from the card without the authorization from the owner and also using it for despicable purposes. This shielded holder has a thin metal piece which keeps the card from able to read by a stranger while it is inserted, and thus, keeping the data secure and safe.
- Convention badge holder – is a subset of elastic vinyl badge holder that gives many spaces at an affordable cost. This holder is so ideal for large-print convention tags or for use during festivals or large sales meetings and a lot more. This holder has no forever, but will surely last until the event is done. These holders can feature either chain holes or a slot and or attached clips, making the attachment as simple as it can be.
- Proximity card holders – this is a subset of the flexible vinyl badge holder. It is composed of materials that is slightly thicker to evade fraying or tears in the turns of the holder. This holder features a slot that is styled to mimic the hole on the inserted documents. When the lanyard is inserted, this will serve as a means to “lock” an inserted card inside, stopping it from declining out when it is swiped in the front of the card reader.
- Other badge holder – this kind is slightly more specialized which contain an eco-friendly badge holder, and are basically similar with the standard badge holder apart from containing a more earthly-conscious material; like the Arm band badge holder that stay fastened because of an elastic strap and worn around the person’s arm, making them an ideal badge holder for security guards, the construction workers, and some others in the act industry.
Einst Urown, 2018, A selection of badge holders
KleerTech, 2017, Name Badge Holder, Access 2018